From Monday 6th July we’ll be welcoming clients back to our Brighton surgery. Throughout the lockdown our veterinary hospital has only been open for emergency appointments seeing pets from all our closed branches, as well as other vets from right across the region. It has been a really busy time at Kemp Town, but with the lockdown easing and many of our staff now back at work, we’re keen to start welcoming you all back.
Please be aware that although we are starting to offer more appointments, we are working our way through a waiting list for urgent neutering and vaccinations, so you may need to wait a little longer for these if your case is not deemed urgent. Our skin and eye specialists will be offering appointments again soon, please check with our receptionists for available appointments and dates. Appointments for our Nurses Clinics will be available shortly, we’ll update our Facebook page and website with a date, as soon as we have one.
New visiting protocol at Brighton
Because of the on-going need for social distancing, appointments will be different at Brighton. You will need to:
- Phone to book an appointment. The receptionist will go through a checklist with you and you will be asked to pay for the appointment at the time of booking. Other payments for medication dispensed or procedures done will be taken by card by the receptionist
- Tell us if you have had any symptoms of coronavirus. If you have, you will not be able to attend in person.
- Come by yourself with your pet. Only one person will be allowed to attend any appointment and NO children please.
- Wear a face mask or covering. These must be worn at all times in the surgery and you must bring your own. We cannot provide them and will not be admitting clients without them.
- Use hand sanitisers when entering the building. Please also keep a safe distance from staff and other clients at all times.
- Pay by card. Cash payments will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances.
When you arrive for your appointment you must enter the building through the hydrotherapy doors, which are to the left of our main entrance. On the door will be a phone number to call or text to let our receptionist know that you have arrived. When the vet is ready for you, you will be shown where to wait and what consulting room you will be seen in. We will have limited clients waiting in the practice, a one in, one out procedure for each consulting vet.
After your appointment you will pay for any medicines etc, at our main reception desk and then let out from our main surgery door. All doors to the surgery will be locked at all times and only opened remotely for you to leave.
If you need to collect pre-ordered medication, you must pay for this by phone before coming to the surgery. When collecting, wait outside the main surgery door for it to be brought out to you.